(Mon, Wed, Fri-Over time)
(1Hour break time)
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is requiredProfessional Certification (e.g. an
AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.